Looking for a nice playground to take the kids? Here are a few.
- Brittlebank ParkBrittlebank park occupies 40 acres in Northwest Mount Vernon. The park features Brittlebank Pool, ballfields, playgrounds, four lighted tennis courts, two shelter houses and a pond. Brittlebank Pool is the city's only public pool. It includes two diving boards, a water slide, baby pool, and has handicap accessibility. The ...
- Imagination Station PlaygroundThe Imagination Station at College Park is Mount Vernon’s premiere playground for young children, mostly made of wood with castles, walkways, swing sets and slides, little ones can play in a safe and scenic environment
- Maclure ParkMaclure Park is a mid-twentieth century holdover, with a two story wooden bandshell, picnic tables and an old fashioned metal playground with a merry-go-round, swing set and slide. The park can be rented through the town of New Harmony for family reunions or other outdoor gatherings.
- Murphy ParkMurphy Park is a large public park featuring both old and new style playgrounds, a basketball court, fitness stations and abundant spaces for picnics or other outdoor activities, including a shelter house that can be rented for special occasions. Its playgrounds include Playtopia, which is designed for children of all ...
- Wabash River Picnic AreaThe Wabash River park within Harmonie State Park is one of the nicest spots to enjoy the Wabash. It has a short trail along the river’s steep bank and the sunsets, often spectacularly, at a bend downriver. There are several picnic tables and a nice modern playground.