- This event has passed.
William Schneider- Express Your Personal Vision (4-Day Spring Workshop)
April 20 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 9:00 am, repeating until April 23, 2020
“Express Your Personal Vision – Unleash your Creativity”
Medium: Oil or Pastel
April 20-23 / 4-Day Workshop
9 a.m. – 4 p.m. CT
New Harmony Gallery / 507 Church Street / 812-682-3970
Description: This one-of-a-kind workshop is designed to launch a voyage of self-discovery. We’ll begin by identifying the technical weaknesses (if any) that hold you back, and develop a game plan to overcome them.
The bulk of the workshop will consist of a series of exercises designed to get your creative juices flowing, to encourage risk-taking, and to free you from the “tyranny of the literal”:
- The “what lights my fire” exercise – Find your direction.
- The “what if” exercise – designed to open up possibilities.
- Paint the concept – Tells you what to put in and what to leave out
- The “series” exercise- Launch your creativity
- The 30-minute painting – How to get to the heart of the matter.
- The 30-stroke painting – How to really get to the heart of the matter.
- Destroy a painting – Paint it; scrape it. Make it better.
- The massed value exercise- Maximize your painting impact.
- The dominant hue exercise – Creating a unified “look”
- Paint an Emotion – This will throw your thinking into an entirely new mode!
The final day you will make a painting using the principles and techniques we’ve explored in the first three.
Expect your work to become bolder, more creative, and more distinctly yours!
Level: Intermediate to Advanced
The class will be limited to 12 students.